Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Shaker-Topia

Hiya (Hi) Crafty Friends!

I have 7, yes SEVEN, shaker cards to share with you today! Say whaaaa? Yep, and you are probably thinking 'She's crazy! Shakers are such a pain!'. Well, wait until you see these super quick and easy makes! You'll be pulling out your supplies and shopping for more in no time! LOL

I love shaker cards to pieces! And what's better than a full front shaker?!?! Well, maybe a lot of things, but I still love these! LOL I've been making these since way back in 2017! I even have a YouTube video where I made one to show how easy peasy they are. 

Anywho, I made these really simple to show you can use things you already have (most likely). I'll provide links where available just in case you need to add to you supplies. :) For these examples, I used 6.6 paper pads and sequins - aside from the card base and the shaker bag. That's it - it's that easy! Lets Take a look (description is above the photo)...

On this first one, I used the Wedding 6x6 paper pad from Echo Park and the Melon Dream Confetti Sequins. 


For this one, I used the Fall Fever 6x6 paper pad from Echo Park and Gold Confetti Sequins.

Next up, I used the Welcome Fall 6x6 paper pad from Carta Bella and Fall Spice Confetti Sequins.

This is my fave - I used the Fun on the Farm 6x6 paper pad from Echo Park and Buttercup Confetti Sequins.

Oh, and I had to make a mer-mazing one! This one is from the Mermaid Dreams 6x6 paper pad from Echo Park with sequins from my stash.

I'm always ready for a 'mouse' inspired card! So for this one, I used the Magical Adventures 2 6x6 paper pad from Echo Park and some fun sequins from my stash.

Last but not least, one for the Grad. I used the Graduation 6x6 paper pad from Echo Park and gold sequins from my stash.


The backgrounds are from the paper pads - I just picked a print I liked and cut it to 4.25x5.5". Then I picked out a cut-a-part from the 6x6 paper pad to add on the outside of the shaker window. You can see on the wedding card that I die cut the cut-a-part from the pad with a fancy die from my stash and inked up the edges. I didn't, but you could also mount the cut-a-parts or use foam tape to make them stand out a bit more. 

Most of the sequins used are BRAND NEW Confetti Style Sequins from a Crafty Life by Scrapsalot. It's our NEW in house brand and we are soooooo excited to be able to share them with you! More colors are being added to the site - it's a slowwwww process unfortunately. Here's a link to sequin mixes available: CLICK HERE If you're looking for the Crafty Life Confetti Sequins and they have not yet been added to the site - send me a message and let me know which ones you are looking for. They are all available as of the time of this post and as mentioned, are being added to the site beginning 5/9/23.

I used Neenah 80# card stock for the card bases. I used Scor-Tape to hold the shaker element securely closed and to adhere to the front of the card. The shaker bags are card sleeves for 5x7 cards I had in my stash.

I know it's quite a few cards to look through, but these were so fun & easy I didn't want to stop making them! LOL Let me know if you have tried this method to make a shaker card in the comments below.

Links provided are to my online papercrafting store, Scrapsalot. I appreciate you stopping in and reading my blog and also for checking out my links. 

Until next time...Keep it Crafty!
xx Crafty Deb


Challenges Entered:
  • TBA

No comments:

Post a Comment