Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Hello Friends,

For my Day 2 of Growing in Unity (GUI), I'm using the stamp set, Strength in Wisdom. This beautiful mason jar of flowers is just the perfect size for an A2 card. It comes with a sprig of leaves and 2 sentiments that both are great positive messages. 

In the world today, it's more important than ever to spread kindness and positivity - at least in my opinion. :) We often find ourselves surrounded by less than positive energy. Can you just imagine how much this would brighten your day when you find it in your mailbox for no reason at all? A positive message or reinforcement is just what we need on any given day.

Take a look at what I created to send just that - a positive message - and don't forget to comment for your chance at winning one of two store credits from Unity!


Here are the supplies I used:
I decided to be adventurous today and use the Ohuhu alcohol markers I have been hoarding. The colors I used are: 0, 4, 7, 8, 9, 42, 67, 68, 77, 99, BG1, CG1, GG1. 

Have you used these markers or others before? I typically use Copic markers, and will occasionally use another alcohol marker brand with them. Using all Ohuhu interesting to say the least. I feel like it took more time to blend the colors. I'm happy with how it turned out, but having only bullet nibs make blending a lot of extra work. LOL

Annnnnnd Day 2 of GUI is a wrap! Stay tuned for a new creation each day as part of my GUI Week. Until next time...

Keep it Crafty,
xx Crafty Deb

26 comments:

  1. I love the clean and simple look you've created! Beautiful card to send off to someone!
    --Chris Shuman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Love the image and the way you colored the jar and flowers! I use Copics occasionally but recently got some OLO markers to try. Most often I use Zig watercolor markers. I had trouble leaving a comment on yesterday's post, but I'll backtrack and leave one today. I discovered that I need to switch browsers to do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise! I typically stick with my copics. A friend recently bought OLO markers too and boy they are juicy! LOL I should use my zig watercolors more...so many supplies, so little time! I've had trouble leaving comments on blogs as well - it shouldn't be so hard ;) Thank you for leaving comments <3

      Delete
  3. So pretty, that stamp is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible coloring!! Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful. I too struggle with white space, this is inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! White space is such a challenge! haha

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you! I like the way it turned out in the end :)

      Delete
  7. Your card design is wonderful. The embellishments look awesome as they frame the card. so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card!! Appreciated your take on the Ohuhu markers. I'll stick with my Copic brush tip!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so hard to switch, but I think I agree with you...I'm going to stick with my copics too! LOL I will give them another chance but definitely prefer the other :)

      Delete