Thursday, August 24, 2023

Wow! Hello Crafty Friends,

It's Day 4 of my Growing in Unity (GUI) Week already! Time flies when you're having fun they say - and I am definitely having fun! I hope you are too and you've had a chance to check out some of the past GUI posts as well. 

The card for today is inspired by my ginger kitty named Archie and my favorite blue coffee mug. What better way to create than to be inspired by things we love?? Archie, aka Archie-Doodle, is such a love bug and he curls up on me or right next me just like the kitty in the stamp set I used for my card today. The stamp set is called Catnap and Unity did a fantastic job of creating an image that look likes many of our cat lover's desks. At least, I imagine most every hooman owned by a cat or two has a desk that looks similar to this. :)  More space for the cat than for you to create! Am I right??!! I see you nodding and thinking 'Yep, that's me!!' LOL

Here's a look at my desk...I mean my card for today!


Since this IS my week of GROWING in Unity, I've using different things between styles, techniques and color mediums. Today, I chose Faber-Castell Polychromos Colored Pencils. I love how colored pencil lines add life to your project. I am forever trying to blend blend blend my colors to achieve a rich smooth look with alcohol markers. With the pencils, the lines create a more life like look - at least to me. You can create texture with the direction of your coloring. You can also create a smoother look with a light hand and a blending pencil or the use of gamsol. 

Here is a list of the supplies I used today:

  • Dark Brown card stock from stash
  • Neenah Classic Crest 80lb card stock
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Faber-Castell Polychromos Colored Pencils
    • Archie or the kitty was colored using:
      • Light Yellow Ochre, 9201-185
      • Sanguine, 9201-188
      • Cadmium Orange, 9201-111
      • Burnt Ochre, 9201-187
      • Brown Ochre, 9201-182
    • Blanket:
      • Burnt Sienna, 9201-283
      • Bistre, 9201-179
      • Nougat, 9201-178
      • Walnut Brown, 9201-177
      • Burnt Umber, 9201-280
    • Coffee Cup
      • Sky Blue, 9201-146
      • Light Ultramarine, 9201-140
      • Ultramarine, 9201-120
      • Helioblue-Reddish, 9201-151
      • Bistre, 9201-179
      • Nougat, 9201-178
    • Pencil
      • Dark Cadmium Yellow, 9201-108
      • Brown Ochre, 9201-187
      • Rose Carmine, 9201-124
      • Silver, 9201-251
    • Note & Shadows
      • Warm Grey I (Used for Note & Shadow), 9201-270
      • Warm Grey II (Used for Note & Shadow), 9201-271
      • Warm Grey III (Used for Shadow), 9201-272
      • Warm Grey IV (Used for Shadow), 9201-273

WOW! That's a lot of pencils!! While I clean up all of these, I hope you'll take time to comment for one of two chances to win a store credit from Unity. Tune in tomorrow for my last post as your GUI Creator of the Week. Have a fabulous day!

Keep it Crafty,
xx Crafty Deb


24 comments:

  1. Your coloring on this card is just beautiful. I love the soft color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this card and laughed when I saw it because you always have at least one cat with you at all times LOL I love that you've been using different coloring tools and techniques ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true - I cannot deny it! LOL Yes, I loved pulling out other coloring mediums - that has been really fun!

      Delete
  3. Love ginger cats! Mine is ginger on top white on the bottom!! Love your card! Colored beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Gingers are sweeties, aren't they?!?! We have a semi feral kitty outside that sounds like he has the same coloring as yours. He's almost like a Ginger Tuxedo haha And thank you for your kind words - I really appreciate it. <3

      Delete
  4. Your pencil coloring is lovely! Darling card. The only cat I ever had was a ginger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Gingers tend to be sweetie pies <3

      Delete
  5. Sadly, we don't have a cat now, but I can tell your Archie is a beauty. Love the card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Archie has such a wonderful personality. He's just a big ole love bug! haha And thank you for your comments. :)

      Delete
  6. I've really enjoyed seeing what you're coming up with each of these days. Gotta love this kitty...♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! It was great to pull out stamps I hadn't had a chance to use yet and also pulling out different coloring mediums and styles. :)

      Delete
  7. Our cat is currently curled up, next to me, on the couch. Love the look of colored pencils over alcohol marker. Thanks for sharing today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe you have a cuddle bug too, huh? The colored pencils were the perfect choice for this card I think :)

      Delete
  8. Awesome job coloring! I had a yellow,/ginger cat named Archie years ago. I've been having a great time following you this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Really?? So I have to tell you - we were binge watching Riverdale (based on the characters from the Archie comics) during covid when our neighbors brought us this little orange bundle of fur. We couldn't resist naming him after Archie in the show! hahaha Thank you for following me this week! I appreciate your comments <3

      Delete
  9. Fabulous coloring! Wonderful stamp to tell that story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm a story teller so you're right! This was perfect for this one! :)

      Delete
  10. Such a cute stamp and I love your card

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not a cat person, really bad allergies, but this card is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe pet allergies can be so bad! :( Thank you for your comment :)

      Delete