Friday, August 25, 2023

Happy Friday!

Well, another week is coming to a close and with that, so is my week of posting in Growing in Unity (GUI). It's Day 5 and I have enjoyed bringing my creations to you so much! For my last GUI post, I decided to use the Spooky Spirits stamp set from Unity! Halloween is one my favorite days of the year and Unity really delivers with their variety of spooky stamps perfect for this season.

Check out my creation for today! If you like Halloween, I think you will enjoy this one :) I included a couple of close ups too so you can see the satin card stock I used for layering and that spooky drink!




I love how this turned out. I took a few creative liberties with the spider web stamp to extend the reach to the sides and to the pumpkin. Hammermill Premium Card Stock, 100lb was used for the card base as well as the card front for the images. Next, I layered Flourishing Green Satin and Purple Mist Satin card stock under the image to bring the all colors together.

Now for the card front, I used the Coloring Layering Pumpkin Bunch Stencil Set from Hero Arts, I used my blending brushes with Catherine Pooler Inks in just 2 colors, Orange Peel and Grass Skirt. I dabbed the brush in the ink and then rubbed of excess on a scratch paper and lightly rubbed the brush over the first stencil layer. The second layer of both colors is the same color for a tone on tone look. 

The edges are blotted with Tim Holtz, Distress Mica Spray in Fortune Teller. You can't really see the mica but the color is fantastic!

The images and sentiment were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. And once again, I used my Ohuhu Alcohol Markers to color the image of the eyeball martini. Here's the list of markers I used in case you have the same ones.
          • Drink: 0, 45, 47, 48, 49, 59
          • Eyeballs (hehe): 83, 84, WG1
          • Glass: 68, 49, BG1, GG1
Thanks for following me in GUI this week and for all of your sweet and kind comments here on my blog and on the FB posts. Don't forget to comment below or on my FB posts for one of two chances to win a store credit from Unity!!! Have a great weekend! 

Keep it Crafty,
xx Crafty Deb

25 comments:

  1. Love this❣️ Great color choices and they just pop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Those satin mirror papers from Craft Perfect are soooo amazing! Those with the colors I used on the image and background just came together so well. :)

      Delete
  2. Such a Spooktacular card!! Your week has been great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This eyeball martini just makes me laugh! Can you imagine being served that?? lol

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank YOU!! I appreciate your comments and for following me this week :)

      Delete
  4. Now thisis my kind of card, I love all things Halloween! Awesome crad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL It is my favorite out of all of them this week! Thank you very much!

      Delete
  5. Those eyeballs need a moving one! I think that stamp is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! Linda, that would HILARIOUS is one of the eyes moved!! I'll have to play with that idea!! Thanks so much for commenting! :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks! It is a cute stamp set - just a fun one :)

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful way to end a great week!!! Love this. I too love Halloween and just got Spooky Spirits set, but haven't had time play, but thanks for the inspiration 🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's been a fun week for sure! It's such a fun cute set! I don't ever fussy cut anything but this martini was pretty easy to do! :) I can't wait to see what you make - I hope you'll post it in Unity group. :)

      Delete
  8. Fabulous colours and brilliant design as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Thanks for a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate you following me and commenting. :)

      Delete
    2. Elizabeth you need to go to the Growing in Unity FB group and find my WINNER post :)

      Delete
  10. This is so spooky awesome! Great design. I love giving all my Halloween makes to the kids (with candy, of course!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! How fun! I bet the kids enjoy it as much as you do! :)

      Delete
  11. Awesome card! I love Halloween also! Thank you for sharing your cards this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and thank you for commenting and following me this week! I really appreciate you. :)

      Delete