Friday, May 5, 2023

Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

Hey Crafty Friends!

Thanks for taking time to drop by! I'm so excited to share a card I made to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. I also looked it up to understand exactly what the celebration is. It turns out it was originally a celebration to commemorate the anniversary of Mexico's victory over the Second French Empire at the Battle of Puebla in 1862. Since that time, it became an annual celebration and is now more popular in the USA than in Mexico. The date has also transformed into a celebration of Mexican-American culture. For more info about the history of events leading to this day of celebration, check out Wikipedia.

Now on to my creations for today...


I used my Copic Markers to color the image. I printed them on Neenah Exact Index 110# card stock.

Here's a list of the Copic Markers used:

Hat: E21, E30, E31, E34, E35 - I added E21 and E35 after the first run through of the other colors. Hey, it happens, right?? LOL

Hat Band: Y08, YG09, G09,

Cinco de Mayo: Y06, R05, R08, R22,YG09, G09, G19

I also outlined the imaged with E21 - you can barely see it, but it helped blend out where I went out of the lines (YIKES!!) with that yellow one!! 

The images are free coloring pages shared by a friend. You can find the same or similar ones through a Google search.

Thanks for stopping and if you are celebrating Cinco de Mayo, stay safe! Until next time ~ Keep it Crafty!

xx Crafty Deb


Challenges Entered:

  • TBA

No comments:

Post a Comment